We all need champions.
We are committed to strengthening Stanford’s culture of care, but we can’t do it without you. As a Champion, you’ll be an advocate for healthy behavior and positive self-care within your department or workgroup.
We know you are busy, so your time commitment can be minimal. You choose to promote wellness in ways that are feasible for you and your workgroup. You’ll become the trusted voice for the program within your workgroup by sharing wellness news and resources with your co-workers.
You can become a Champion through your BeWell account.
- Sign in to your BeWell account by clicking the blue “Sign In” button at the top of the page.
- Click on the “Activities” link on the left-hand side.
- Under “Recommended” activities, join the “Volunteer to be a BeWell Champion” card.
- Click “Why Become a BeWell Champion?” and then click “Go Now” button and read the webpage. The Champions page will open in a new tab.
- Come back to the “Volunteer To Be a BeWell Champion” activity card, and click on the second link “Sign Up Now to Be a BeWell Champion.”
- Click the “Go Now” button and fill out the survey.
After becoming a Champion, you’ll begin receiving Champion communications within a few weeks. When you do, we hope you will spread the word through your department’s Slack channel, workgroup listserv or when chatting with colleagues in Zoom meetings. You’ll also be invited to get together with other Champions to brainstorm ideas, learn about a wellness topic or attend a workshop.
Want to do more?
Champions often choose to take their commitment to a deeper level by working with the BeWell team and expanding wellness offerings available to their workgroups by:
- Working with your manager to set up a a Healthy Living class for your department or workgroup
- Encouraging your team to apply for a wellness grant
- Suggesting nutritious food options for on-campus meetings when they resume
- Promoting physical activity by stretching, walking over lunch or safely working out with colleagues
- Contacting us with your wellness questions, suggestions or requests
Join over 2,500 Champions across Stanford University, Stanford Health Care and Stanford Children’s Health committed to creating a healthier and happier work environment. Thank you for helping us nourish Stanford’s culture of care.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.