The Cardinal Walk
The Cardinal Walk
BeWell invites you to join us at this year’s Cardinal Walk.
Thursday, May 2, 2019
The event theme is “Walking with the Stars”!
Starting at Arrillaga Center for Sports and Recreation – download/print map or view map online
11:15 a.m. – Event opens and pre-walk festivities begin
11:30 a.m. – Costume contest check-in time
12:00 p.m. – Walk begins
1:00 p.m. – Walk ends near Maples Pavilion
Pre-walk festivities: 11:15 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Free T-shirts (while supplies last)
- Photo booth (provided by Cardinal At Work)
- Sunscreen station (provided by Kaiser)
- Costume contest: Attendees (singly or in groups) are encouraged to come dressed as their favorite celebrity or famous character! Prizes will be awarded to the most creative look-a-likes. You may compete as an individual or a group. No registration required. Check-in time is 11:30 a.m.
- Fun warm-ups: including fitness demonstrations and dances led by Stanford fitness instructors.
The walk: 12:00 p.m. to about 1:00 p.m.
- See the Walk route map.
- Cheering stations: along the route, monitors* will be dressing up and participants will have the opportunity to vote (at the finish line) for their favorite group.
* BeWell is looking for enthusiastic groups to participate in the Cardinal Walk Cheering Contest. The ideal group size is 5-10 people, who are invited to dress up as a group of celebrities (e.g., a famous rock band, Games of Thrones cast, etc.). Your group, stationed along the Cardinal Walk route, will cheer walkers on as they pass by. At the finish, walkers will be asked to vote on their favorite cheer group. All members of the winning team will receive a $50 Amazon gift card. If you are interested in participating, please email the event coordinator, Jamie Silacci, at email@example.com.
- Water stations will be provided along the course, courtesy Stanford Federal Credit Union. Snacks (fruit and granola bars) will be served at the finish line.
Free — Family-friendly — No required registration
No strollers, bikes or dogs allowed in ACSR.
To get to Arrillaga Center for Sports and Recreation (ACSR) and the Cardinal Walk:
- Take the Marguerite shuttle
- “Warm up” by walking to the event
- If you plan to ride your bike over to the Cardinal Walk, there will be bike parking at the entrance to the Arrillaga Center for Sports and Recreation (ACSR).
Sponsored by Stanford BeWell, Cardinal at Work and Stanford Federal Credit Union.
Coming soon: The first Stanford Redwood City Cardinal Walk is on May 21, with festivities starting at 1:00 p.m. There will be free T-shirts and the theme is “Walking with the Stars,” so you are encouraged (but not required) to come dressed as your favorite celebrity or a famous character.