The Cardinal Walk
The Cardinal Walk
You are invited by Provost Persis Drell to join us at this year’s Cardinal Walk on Thursday, May 2.
The event theme is “Walking with the Stars”!
Thursday, May 2, 2019
Starting at Arrillaga Center for Sports and Recreation – download/print map or view map online
11:00 a.m. – Gates open and pre-walk festivities begin
12:00 p.m. – Walk begins
1:00 p.m. – Walk ends near Maples Pavilion
Pre-walk festivities on May 2 at ACSR include:
- Photo booth
- Costume contest: Attendees are encouraged to come dressed as their favorite celebrity star! Come dressed as your favorite singer, actor/actress or come as a group and dress up as your favorite band – there is no wrong answer. Prizes will be awarded to the most creative look-a-likes. You may compete as an individual or a group. No registration required.
- Fun warm-ups: including fitness demonstrations and dances led by Stanford fitness instructors.
The walk: 12:00 p.m. to about 1:00 p.m.
- See the Walk route map.
- At “cheering stations” along the route, monitors will be dressing up, and participants will have the opportunity to vote (at the finish line) for their favorite one.
- While a limited supply of water will be provided along the course, we encourage everyone to bring their own water bottle. Snacks (fruit and granola bars) will be served at the finish line.
Free — Family-friendly — No required registration
No strollers, bikes or dogs allowed in the Stanford Stadium.
To get to Arrillaga Center for Sports and Recreation and the BeWell Cardinal Walk:
- Take the Marguerite shuttle
- “Warm up” by walking to the event
- If you plan to ride your bike over to the Cardinal Walk, there will be bike parking at the entrance to the Arrillaga Center for Sports and Recreation.
Coming soon: The first Stanford Redwood City Cardinal Walk is on May 21 at 1:30 p.m.
There will be free T-shirts and the theme is “Walking with the Stars,” so come dressed
as your favorite celebrity star for a fun-filled walk! More details soon.