Search other articles
2021 BeWell Program
Our employee wellness program aims to meet you where you are — both in terms of your wellness needs and physical location — and provide a meaningful experience that positively impacts your personal well-being.
With the ongoing pandemic, the 2021 BeWell Program provides more flexible, remote options and more wellness support to help you prioritize your well-being. You can start the program by signing into your account and completing your 2021 SHALA — which will now only take about 10 minutes to finish.
New this year:
- We’ve increased the number of recorded webinars you can watch for Berry credit. You can now watch up to three and earn a Berry for each — half of the Berries you need to earn the incentive.
- We’ve added new options. You can get a Berry for becoming a Champion to boost wellness within your workgroup and apply for wellness grants to buy resources for your group, such as fitness equipment, or bring in special speakers for exclusive workshops.
- New Coaching Engagement: In response to feedback requesting additional Coaching sessions for a higher level of personalized support, we’ve converted the Coaching Engagement option to Multi-session Coaching — a STAP-eligible option that allows you to talk with a Coach at greater length and at multiple timepoints. By having multiple check-ins and more in-depth conversations, you can get more effective feedback on your current wellness efforts and adjust them in real-time to make greater progress towards a wellness action. Participants who completed Multi-session Coaching when it was available as a Berry reported the following:
- 98% incorporated information from the sessions into everyday life
- 99% learned one or more strategies to improve their health and wellness
- 99% said the personalized format contributed to a greater awareness of and ability to deal with an important wellness concern.
- New Commitment Engagement: We’ve added a self-care option to the Commitment Engagement. You can set an action and create a plan to work on your personal wellness, put the plan into action and write two reflections on what you have learned and any progress that you made. You will be in touch with a Coach who can offer you guidance and resources to help you make progress. Please note that this Engagement option is free.
- We’ve changed the name of the Class Engagement option to Healthy Living to reflect the array of formats — including apps and online classes — that this option offers.
- The 2021 Screening requirement is waived. You’ll earn your Wellness Profile incentive after you complete a remote Advising appointment and submit your online Plan.
In order to continue to provide valuable wellness services to Stanford employees and meet challenges related to the pandemic, we will no longer offer an incentive for spouse/registered domestic partner participation. We will still support spouses/partners in their wellness journeys, and they can continue to participate in the SHALA and Wellness Profile to receive personalized wellness support.
We look forward to supporting you during another year of health and wellness!