Ready to get started?
BeWell lets you personalize your experience so you can create and maintain healthy lifestyle
behaviors. Our entire Program can be completed remotely. Your participation is confidential, and
no identifiable health information will be shared with Stanford Benefits or your health plan.
By committing to health and wellness, you will not only feel better but also earn rewards!
The gateway to the BeWell Program, including incentives and perks, is the Stanford Health and Lifestyle Assessment (SHALA) — a 10-minute online questionnaire that helps you understand your lifestyle’s impact on your health. After the SHALA, you can start one or more of the following program sections.
After completing your SHALA, you may begin the Wellness Profile. The three steps of the Wellness Profile are:
Screening (optional): Due to COVID-19, we are not offering on-campus health screenings, and we understand that you may not be able to have your screening performed at your healthcare provider’s office. As such, we are waiving the 2021 Screening requirement.
Advising: A remote session via Zoom or phone with a BeWell Coach on a wellness topic(s) of your choosing.
Plan: An online planning tool for identifying and strategizing the wellness action(s) you made at Advising.
Employees will receive $200 within two pay periods of submitting their Plan. Spouses or registered domestic partners can complete the Wellness Profile but not earn an incentive.
Berries are health-related activities that help you put your wellness goals into action. Check out our Berry Calendar for upcoming remote options, or sign into your account to explore other opportunities. You can complete six to earn $100.
Choose an Engagement offering that best fits your individual circumstances and goals:
You can earn $260 for completing one Engagement option, payable in February 2022 if you are still a benefits-eligible University employee. You can complete more than one option, but you will only earn this incentive once per year.
To earn this incentive, you must complete the Wellness Profile.
1 Payout occurs Feb. 2021.
Unless otherwise noted, incentives are paid out two pay periods after program segment is completed.
Benefits-eligible employees can earn a $200 taxable incentive for completing the Wellness Profile and a $100 taxable incentive for completing six Berries. Both incentives are payable two pay periods after completion.
Benefits-eligible employees who complete one Engagement option can earn a $260 taxable incentive, which is paid out in February 2022. Employees must still be benefits-eligible Stanford University employees at the time of payout to receive this incentive.
Spouses or registered domestic partners can complete SHALA and the Wellness Profile to focus on their personal wellness but will no longer receive an incentive for their participation.
|Ready to get started?
SIGN IN HERE
In addition to financial incentives, BeWell offers a variety of perks such as discounted fitness classes and free wellness webinars.
CHECK OUT ALL THE PERKS
Make sure you get the most out of the program by meeting the program deadlines.
SEE THE DEADLINES
Our spouses and partners have tremendous influence on our wellness. A shared wellness journey can keep both of you motivated and on track to meet your goals — while enriching your lives.
The BeWell Program for spouses
If you are a spouse or registered domestic partner of a benefits-eligible university employee, you can participate in the BeWell Program by completing the Stanford Health and Lifestyle Assessment (SHALA) and the Wellness Profile. Please note that spouses will not receive an incentive for participating but will receive personalized wellness support from an expert BeWell Coach.
Stanford Facility Access
If you are the spouse or domestic partner of a Stanford faculty or staff member, and you would like to gain access to any of the recreational facilities at Stanford, you’ll need to obtain a Courtesy Card. (See Administrative Guide Memo: 2.4.3 Stanford Identification Cards for policies governing Courtesy Card eligibility.) Most applications and services, with the exception of the StanfordCardPlan, are also available to Courtesy Card holders.
To obtain your Courtesy Card, visit the Stanford Campus Card Office at Tresidder Union and bring your photo ID (driver’s license or passport), payment (see the ID Card Rates page), and one of the following:
- Marriage certificate/license
- Joint tax return
- Proof of joint Stanford benefits
(Lease documents and drivers licenses are insufficient for domestic partner courtesy cards.)
Your Stanford spouse/domestic partner must accompany you when you apply, and must show their valid Stanford ID Card.
Register for an account by signing in.
SIGN IN HERE
|Complete BeWell Remotely
Stay safe, and focus on your wellness while staying home.
|October 8||Last day to register for a Healthy Living app to qualify for the Engagement incentive|
|October 31||If planning to complete Commitment, you must both finish Advising and submit your Commitment Plan|
|November 15||Deadline to submit your first Commitment Reflection if pursuing Commitment for the Engagement incentive|
|November 30||End of the 2021 BeWell Program — deadline to complete SHALA, Wellness Profile, Engagement, Berries|
|February 2021||Engagement incentive paid out as long as employee is still a benefits-eligible Stanford University employee|
Thanks to feedback from participants and collaboration with our partners, BeWell offers flexible, creative options for your wellness journey.
Do you know?
- All parts of the program can be completed remotely.
- In 2021, you do not have to complete Screening to earn your incentive.
- We have increased the number of recorded webinars you can watch for Berry credit: you can now watch up to three recorded webinars and earn a Berry for each.
- You can use STAP funds for Healthy Living classes, apps and webinars. All Healthy Living offerings are Berry eligible and some qualify for the Engagement incentive.
- New this year: become a Champion to boost wellness within your workgroup. You can apply for wellness grants to procure valuable wellness resources – such as fitness equipment or classes – for your workgroup. You will earn a Berry by becoming a Champion.
- You do not need to complete the Wellness Profile before starting Multi-session Coaching or Healthy Living for the Engagement incentive.
- Multi-session Coaching is a new Engagement offering that allows you to get real-time, personalized support, allowing for more meaningful, effective wellness coaching.
- After taking your 2021 SHALA, you can get a special BeWell rate on Berry-eligible open-air fitness classes from Stanford Recreation & Wellness.
- You can earn a Berry for taking six virtual fitness classes from Stanford Recreation & Wellness.
- Spouses and registered domestic partners of benefits-eligible Stanford employees can participate to improve their well-being, however they will not earn an incentive.
- Your personally identifiable health information will not be shared with Stanford Benefits or your health plan.
- With Well Time, you can convert up to eight hours of your sick time each year to use toward participation in BeWell.